- Join a network of like-minded businesses demonstrating sustainability is in business’ best interest.
- Return on investment (ROI): Generally within the first year.
- Environment leadership.
- Attract and retain environmentally-conscious employees.
- Education, tools, resources, networking and direct support by Carbon 613 staff.
Carbon 613 membership gives you access to:
- A network of like-minded local businesses committed to sustainability and carbon reduction
- A carbon accounting tool to assist you in setting and achieving your sustainability goals
- Access to hands-on Carbon 613 ‘Labs’ and inspirational sustainability ‘Seminars’
- A free subscription to Corporate Knights Magazine, a key resource for sustainability leaders in Canada
- Expert knowledge and resources to help you get started or fine-tune your targets
- Recognition for your carbon reduction achievements in our Year End Report and website
- Celebration of your success at our Carbon 613 events and our Annual Evening of Recognition
Who can join?
Any public, private or non-profit organization with an office in the National Capital Region can become a member of Carbon 613. Additionally, property managers or landlords can sign up their building to join the program.
Tenants can also join Carbon 613 as well. There are still plenty of greenhouse gas reduction opportunities for renters. Whether you’re in a 15-floor office building or leasing a converted townhouse, we will help you find ways to make your business more sustainable.
How does it work?
Carbon 613 members reduce their carbon emissions by:
- Setting a baseline and GHG reduction target (within 3 years)
- Taking action to achieve your target
- Tracking and reporting your annual GHG emissions
- Publicly disclosing and celebrating your success